Welcome!


Each of us is experiencing a profound personal journey, and the stories we have to tell are beautiful and sad and awe-inspiring and scary. This blog is my story, and I'm excited to share it.


What this blog is about:

- The struggles of a northern country girl living in a fast-paced southern city.
- Homesteading research and planning, like deciding what food to grow and what animals to raise in the cold north.
- Art and creative projects I'm working on.
- My life goals including those related to art, writing, and homesteading.
- Nature and natural science, such as information on species I find interesting both in northern Minnesota and southern California.
- The journey that will lead my boyfriend and I out of the heat and into the snow.

Please read my first blog entry where I explain how I got where I am, where I'm going, and what this blog has to do with it: The Beginning

I would be honored if you joined me. Simply sign up your email address just below and to the right of this text - it's 100% free. By subscribing you become part of my motivational team, even if you never say a word. I need you!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

The good, the bad, and the plan



The good:

- Grand Marais is wonderful and it feels so good to be back.
- My new job is going well and I enjoy it.
- I'm finally starting to feel creative again after a long slump.
- Fishing! Hiking! Nature! Friends!
- I'm exercising more and feeling good.
- My mom is keeping a positive attitude, despite all that's going on.

The bad:

- Mom is away M-F in Duluth for radiation and chemo treatments. She may get very, very sick.
- Jordan was recently diagnosed with diabetes and hypertension.
- Jordan is still stuck in California and fighting the system to get health insurance and pay rent after being laid off. 

The plan:

- Help my folks with cooking and general housekeeping while Mom is in Duluth.
- Be there for Jordan, help as much as I can from afar.
- Sell things, work hard, make money.
- Start creating things again; most importantly this blog, my book, and my commission backlog.
- Get healthy.
- Enjoy summer in northern Minnesota as much as possible!

No comments :

Post a Comment