Welcome!


Each of us is experiencing a profound personal journey, and the stories we have to tell are beautiful and sad and awe-inspiring and scary. This blog is my story, and I'm excited to share it.


What this blog is about:

- The struggles of a northern country girl living in a fast-paced southern city.
- Homesteading research and planning, like deciding what food to grow and what animals to raise in the cold north.
- Art and creative projects I'm working on.
- My life goals including those related to art, writing, and homesteading.
- Nature and natural science, such as information on species I find interesting both in northern Minnesota and southern California.
- The journey that will lead my boyfriend and I out of the heat and into the snow.

Please read my first blog entry where I explain how I got where I am, where I'm going, and what this blog has to do with it: The Beginning

I would be honored if you joined me. Simply sign up your email address just below and to the right of this text - it's 100% free. By subscribing you become part of my motivational team, even if you never say a word. I need you!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Mom's Home, Moving Blogs!

After a grueling six weeks of treatment, my mom is back home! No more running back and forth to Duluth. While the hard part might be over, that doesn't mean things are easy. She's still really sick, though she should start to recover soon. Cancer is horrible, but the treatment for it is just as bad. I've been going to the house every day to do some chores so she has less to worry about. Cleaning that place is a never ending battle, but if I don't do it, it won't get done. 

My own personal to-do list is still a mile long, but I'm making progress. It's my goal to get my snake website up *tonight.* Then the rest of the week I'll be working on the dragon costume. I have to do some major surgery to the mask to get the jaw in alignment before I can continue on the head. 

As I mentioned in my last journal post, I will be writing my book as part of NaNoWriMo in November. Technically I'm a "rebel" because it's a memoir, not a novel, but it still counts. September is dedicated to finishing this dragon, and October will be dedicated to past 2D art commissions. Plan in place!

On a final note, I've decided it's time to leave this blog behind and transfer over to my new website - Aurora's Woods. It will be better organized with categories, and I'm excited to take things in a more professional direction. :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment