Welcome!


Each of us is experiencing a profound personal journey, and the stories we have to tell are beautiful and sad and awe-inspiring and scary. This blog is my story, and I'm excited to share it.


What this blog is about:

- The struggles of a northern country girl living in a fast-paced southern city.
- Homesteading research and planning, like deciding what food to grow and what animals to raise in the cold north.
- Art and creative projects I'm working on.
- My life goals including those related to art, writing, and homesteading.
- Nature and natural science, such as information on species I find interesting both in northern Minnesota and southern California.
- The journey that will lead my boyfriend and I out of the heat and into the snow.

Please read my first blog entry where I explain how I got where I am, where I'm going, and what this blog has to do with it: The Beginning

I would be honored if you joined me. Simply sign up your email address just below and to the right of this text - it's 100% free. By subscribing you become part of my motivational team, even if you never say a word. I need you!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

It's over! Thank you all! The adventure continues...

My Indiegogo campaign ended yesterday at 66%! That's over $1600 raised! I'm grateful and humbled beyond words. I feel blessed to know such awesome people!



The end of my campaign coincided with my mom's doctor appointments showing her cancer has shrunk, and she will be able to begin radiation therapy soon! Happy day! 

That takes away much of the pressure to get home immediately, though I still think moving back north this summer is a good idea. I have a little more time to plan it well and raise some more funds in any case. I will have a lot of stuff for sale soon!

My plan right now is to find a place to live and try to get a job waiting for me in Grand Marais. I really enjoyed housekeeping and am considering doing that again alongside my current writing position.

My next order of business is taking care of my current backlog of art (both 2D and costumes) and start working on my book! I have a lot of short essays and tidbits written down, but I haven't put any solid chapters together yet. I'm still working on organizing the layout and deciding what to include. I'm excited about the whole process!

Once the book and my art backlog are complete (aiming for August), I will be tackling the art perks from the campaign. I should be able to get everything done by December.

I'm also planning on updating this blog a lot more often. Thanks for following along!

No comments :

Post a Comment